Theatre Tuscaloosa occassionally receives notices from local film and theatre producers seeking talent. We will occasionally post such casting notices here as a courtesy to our fellow
producers and our community of performers. Theatre Tuscaloosa is in no way associated with these productions, however, so we cannot answer questions about them. Please direct all
questions to the contact identified. Click here to submit a Courtesy Casting Call request.
CCHS Educational Videos
Dr. Brian Gannon
Audition Date(s) and Time(s):
Video Submissions sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 30, 2021
This is a PAID opportunity:
Pay will be between $300-$500.
Casting a series of short vignettes, each about 2-3 minutes long, as an educational tool for faculty of the College of Community Health Sciences at the University of Alabama. Five short videos
will illustrate microaggressions drawn from actual experiences of medical students from diverse backgrounds.
Description of Role(s) Available:
- Dr. Smith: Male, Caucasian, 30-50, Attending physician
- Dr Grey: Male, any race or ethnicity, 25-30 Resident physician
- Fatima - Female, appears Middle Eastern, mid-20s, wears hijab
- Chaneice - Female, African-American, mid-20s
- John - Male, African-American, mid-20s
- Miller - Male, white, mid-20s
- Chelsea - Female, white, mid-20s
Desired Traits of Auditionees:
Some prior acting experience preferred.
Visionary Film Productions and Trailblazers Pictures will be shooting a feature film in the Birmingham area in the Spring of 2022. Antonio Sabato Jr. and Cameron Arnett will be starring. As
such, our production companies are holding an open casting call for a variety of roles. If you meet any of the
character descriptions below, please send resumes and headshots to:
email@example.com. Please let us know the name of the character you’d like to audition for when you
send your headshot. We will contact you if we are interested in an audition.
Thank you very much and we look forward to reviewing submissions!
- JACKIE - Age 35-50. African American, Caucasian, or Bi-racial female. She’s had a hard life. A past with drugaddiction and mental health issues. A good heart but locks herself in with
the wrong crowd. When we meet her she’s trying to get clean for her son.
- VICTOR - Age 21-30. African American male. Rough around the edges. Gangbanger and drug dealer. Lived a hard life and wears it like a badge of honor. Strong physical presence. Works as a
dealer on the streets and is feared by locals. Father was never around, had to fend for himself to get by. Main antagonist of the film.
- TERRENCE - Age 21-30. African American male. Victor’s main disciple. Should fit the description above but is a tad less confident than Victor.
- COLLEGE STUDENT - Age 18-25. Caucasian male. The role is for a depressed and scrawny college student with anxiety. This was the kid who was bullied through all of high school. Need to
be able to play heavy intense emotion, some one at their breaking point, suicidal, angry and has lost hope. This is a demanding role.
- DOCTOR - Age 35-55. Caucasian male. Clinical and straight-forward. Takes his job seriously.
- AMANDA - Age 18-26. Open to either African American or Caucasian female. Cute but not affected by it. High School student. Sweet, kind-hearted, sees the best in people and always tries to
find the silver lining. The girlfriend of our lead.
- YOUNG ROOKIE COP -Age 25-30. Caucasian or African American male. New to The Force. Learning how things work on the streets. Can be either athletic build or lean to thin.
- VETERAN COP - Age 35-55. Caucasian or African American male. Law enforcement officer who’s jaded from years on the job. Long miles on a tired face. Tries to see the best in people but
in his line of work, it isn’t easy.
- LITTLE GIRL - Age 7-12. Caucasian or African American female. Needs to be able to play high emotion. She has cancer and is trying to hang onto whatever hope is left.
- OLD COACH - Age 70-80. Caucasian, Hispanic or Italian male. His health is failing him. On his deathbed when we meet him. Despite his circumstances, he’s optimistic on where he’s been,
and where he’s going.
- WAITRESS - Age 25-45. African American female. A mother who is waiting tables to provide for her 11-year-old daughter and newborn baby. She has a sordid past but is intent on getting
her life back on track for her two baby girls. Determined to beat the odds.
- MR. LAWSON - Age 40-55. Caucasian male. Redneck. A man who is determined to hang onto all the things we got wrong in the past. Racial tension. Not at the finest point in his life but he
will learn a valuable lesson.
- TV SALESMAN - Age 40-60. Caucasian male. Fast-talking Late Night TV Preacher style. Bad outdated suit. Could sell sand at the beach.
- NEWS REPORTER - Age 25-40. Male or female. Any ethnicity. Can deliver news in the expected manner.
- MICHAEL - Age 40-55. A successful businessman. CEO of his company. Has the huge house, nice car, beautiful wife. But while he has it all on the outside, interiorly he’s suffering. Bouts
with alcohol and depression. Fighting for his future.